Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Calls

...More like beckoned me from the tallest rooftops..saying time to break out the crockpot, tart apples, casseroles, butternut squash and sweatshirts. I replaced my Scentsy warmer from 'sunkissed citrus' to 'sentimental cider.And that, in and of itself kicks my olfactory nerves right into motion. Which in turn triggers all the things feel good and cozy.

 I don't know what it is but the older I get the more that I crave the fresh, crispness of fall.

For me, the first few weeks of fall is the ONLY time blustery,grey, damp days are acceptable. Almost like a transitionary period where mother nature says you better start realizing that you are in store for many many many months of this so enjoy it now. And she, in turn she puts on a spectacular show.
                                                          
of the deciduous kind..

                                            Somebody else is putting on a show for us lately.
                                                         
                                                    
                                             In all her domestic divaness                                                
                                                    And the literary tip of the day?
                                          The brain absorbs more if you read upside down..
   
 The clouds lifted mostly every afternoon last week and it called us all outdoors for a family walk.
                                                                 The WHOLE family.


So for now we must say..So long to late sunny warm summer nights and adorable summer dresses.


.
Farewell delicious drippy icecream
and beach days that I never want to end....


We will miss you ...
Welcome Fall!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I'm a fellow fan of Fall or Autumn as we call it here, love you pumpkin display and your daughter is so sweet ☺

    ReplyDelete