Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Clean Eating and New Beginnings

I've taken a bit of a break from blogging . I have now just over 15 months of this parenting of two business under my belt. I just now feel like I am coming up for air and allow my brain to now begin to sort out this pre mom interests /hobby life /parenting balance. I feel like blogging will help with all these outlets and get my thoughts out.   I just love the feeling of new routines and different schedules and I am looking at blogging as my "back to school" routine.
                                                 
                                                           This one has started pre-school.


                            She is sooo ready. New challenges, friends, experiences await her and she is ready to drink it all up and enjoy it!
This one is walking, Like he has never crawled in his life. I don't believe it.

I've started running . I get so much fulfillment and gratification out of it. At times I do actually physically run away...but I come back.... eventually. . 
I ve learned a lot in the past few months. One being that if you want to lose weight the healthy way it's F*(%*$& hard and exhausting.You have to dedicate time and effort and energy that you don't know from where, and you have to eat right. 
My midwife that I had for Charlotte's birth ( even thou the tumultuous event ended in a c-section ,she stood by my side all night long) and at the end of the whole aftermath a few days later when she was about to release me from the hospital she gave me a little speech which involved wishing me well and to enjoy little Charlotte and think about eating "Clean". That is the first time I heard this term, I was in a bit of a post birth fog and didn't think much about it. Three and a half years later I feel like I get it and 
I 'm trying my darnest to actually put it into action. 
I still don't know exactly what that concept means, because I feel now it is all the rage and people have mixed opinions about what this actually means but for me I am doing these things.
  •  I am trying to only eating things that come straight from a natural source, meaning the long and short of it not eating food with preservatives. I read somewhere that rang true to me " the zookeeper doesn't feed a seal ice cream , or feed a bear some crackers just out of convenience. They are mammels and they need to eat certain things to keep them healthy. WE are mammals. "
  • I'm trying to watch my intake of sugar and not exceed more that 45g of sugar /day.
  • When I do eat a fruit I couple it with a protein. 
  • I'm limiting my carbohydrate intake. 
  • I'm drinking water whenever I can think of it. DRINK DRINK DRINK!!
  • Running at least 30 minutes everyother day
I find it a challenge and it is not easy to do but I am really hoping that I see results and in turn I want to educate myself along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment