Sunday, November 14, 2010

Creature Comforts

Now that it's WINTER and dark out at like 2 ...well okay 4! This b.c weather is sooo damp that it chills to the core. It really makes me think about the creature comforts of life and what makes me feel good. Here is a top ten list of things that I love to cheer myself up on cold, dark rainy days!
10) As soon as I come in from a cold day I tear of my wet jeans - nothing is more unsettling and uncomfortable when the bottom rim of my jeans is freezing cold and quite often ridden with gritty sand of the sidewalk.That, in turn leaves a wet trail across the floor. I literally cannot take them off fast enough,then, immediately jump into a pair of warm flannel pajamas, warm fleece socks and a big oversized T.
9) A bottomless warm cup of tea or coffee with lots of cream.
8) My bed under a duvet, shipwrecked on an island of pillows.
7) Watching a movie that I've seen before and look forward to favourite parts while my cat and dog share the couch.
6) Escaping by reading a book, sooo good that I actually miss the plot and the characters when I'm not reading and never want it to end.
5) Eating - just in general hehe but nothing like a warm stew from the crockpot or a good ol' bag of chips or a chocolate. Salad is one of my favourite meals but the return of comfort ? Not the same!
4) Talking and sharing stories with my favourite people coupled with some tasty red wine.
3) Having a bath with essential oils, when I come out I lather myself with my favourite cream and envelop myself in my furry pink robe.
2)Having a nap with the family, lulling into such a deep sleep, when I wake up I am confused about whether the time is in the day or the middle of the night.
1)Snuggling and cuddling with Liam and Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment