Monday, November 7, 2011

11680 Days

As of Oct 20th that is how many days I have been on this earth,that is how many sunsets, sleeps and daybreaks I have witnessed.
When I was a little girl I never ever thought me being 32 years old would ever come. I mean inevitably it would come, but at the time it seemed such a far, far off number into the land of adulthood.
I remember playing barbies in my basement and the "much older" , pant wearing, less makeup, much much more mature barbie that was in the mix was" in her 30's". Frankly,the reality was that chick wore pants which made her the "square"
But she was the "chosen one", the one who refrained from going out to the dances, or the parties, the married one and she always stayed home.
Because of course she was "that much older".
Now that I am 32
I truly don't stray too far from what I believed when I was 6.
I love to stay home
I love to wear pants
yoga, or leggings preferably.
Most days,I don't put on makeup - save a skif of mascara or gloss.
 Odd party I am game, but not if I don't know all the "w's"
But I don't feel 32.
But honestly?
I don't feel square and could not be happier!
Happy Birthday to me!







No comments:

Post a Comment