Friday, November 18, 2011

It's snowing.. pillows!!

No not really but it did snow last night while, simultaneously, I hit the pillow jackpot at Homesense. I have been longing to find the perfect ones for our bedroom since wallpapering it about three months back. The paper is sort of like a hologram and depending on factors like the time of day,  natural or lamp lighting, the angle you are standing in the room - the colours are always different. So, to find permanent pillows that would look good all the time was not going to be easy. Last night I went out with one of my favfriends for a great girls night out, complete with a leisurely wander in Homesense and dinner at Cactus club to top it off.  I was about to pay for my other pillow treasures..Christmas ones... and I looked back and there in all their glory saying "do not leave the store without me... I'm made for you!!" 
 I was a little unsure about the navy floral at the store...the only reason being that it may be too busy on the eyes with the detailed wallpaper. But Honestly?
Something seems to be missing. The navy in the pillow seems to have a way of tying it all together for some weird reason? Makes it look all rich and and lusty.
I think they are ALL keepers.
I also got these.

Candy Canes Anyone??
So it snowed here yesterday..Does that mean I can decorate now?
I loved it, They were ginormous, freezing cotton balls,so quiet delicate and soft. And the best part it didn't start to stick untill we were all finished! So no slippery drive home!

3 comments:

  1. darling pillows! :) and whoa, snow. that must be a preview of whats coming my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. and about the navy floral pillow... i dont think its too busy because of the wallpaper at all. i think the entire room and colors look gorgeous.
    but... just one minor detail with placement. i would switch the navy floral pillow with the (what looks to be) navy blue one. i think it just softens it just a tad, so theres a central neutral point that still is strong :) iin any case though, absolutely beautiful! simple and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, SNOW! I can't wait for that I have ever felt so Christmassy as I do this year with two little ones! I think your bedroom looks great too and the cushions really tie in beautifully x

    ReplyDelete