Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Decking out!

Okay I admit it..much to Liam's and Lucy's shagrin I have began to decorate for Christmas.
"I don't want to even look!"

The "Main Event" a.k.a tree - has yet to make her yearly debut. In all honestly - it is a tad early to break that diva out. ,,,, maybe next weekend?? I cannot wait because then the seasons spirit can really get into full swing!
Bring it..... Eating, Entertaining, Family and Close friends!
Cheers to that!

We went to Potter's to check out their Christmas Fanfare...
I tell you that place is a DESTINATION to get you in the spirit - if you aren't already! It is a serious system overload of festive greatness! There is also a massive elephant statue from "The night at the Museum" there - Random!
So that was fun!
I decorated one of our mantles with mittens.
The whole little project cost me a whopping 11$ at the dollar store. And it helps to create a cozy and homey but festive feeling.

Charlotte is a little young still this year to understand the advent calendar concept. Next year these may be the perfect solution for putting little treasures in every day for her!
This treescape is on my front table. I got it from Ikea last year. I'm going to find some little forest dwelling critters to put in and around to make it more of an outdoorsy look.
For some reason this really reminds me of my childhood in Ontario. Having lived practically on a golf course lined with pine trees, we used to spend countlesss brisk but extremely sunny days days toboganning down the hills with neighbours and friends. The cold took a back seat and the fun of it all drove.
 One day I would love to take the fam back to relive it all again! One of the millions of joys of having children, is being able to relive some of your childhood memories with them.
For this year this 20$ Ikea paper tree decoration will have to do. This will be my little piece of Kincardine "Home" .
That is it for now but I will definately be doing more in the nap times to come!
We braved the extreme wind and ventured out on monday to get some Christmas books at the library. This girl can now say "SHANTAAAW" - translation "Santa" - like nobodies business!


The firetruck in the library may as well have been disneyland as far as she was concerned. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment